Thumbdrive and not to CD

I installed Qubes from thumb-drive but it refers to CD!? Can I install qubes ISO file to a thumb-drive and not to CD?

Yes - you can put the Qubes OS iso on a usb stick and install from the usb stick:

:slight_smile:

Well, I don’t get the “software” selection like it is shown in the manual!? It defaults to “Xfce” after it is installed. But, I found that it is looking for the CD and so it fails to install properly? It installs one Qube and the others fail to install.

because the pict is old version, what do you mean by CD?

CD drive, I tried to install the ISO on thumb-drive on my Deb Linux and it tells me it need a CD actually a DVD to create the ISO image. I tried to install that on thumb-drive since I did that already before but having problems to install that correctly. It does install but: “sudo qubesctl --all state.highstate” produces those errors.

Also, I am trying to verify the correctness of the keys and signatures I get:

Blockquote

$ gpg -v --verify Qubes-R4.1.1-x86_64.iso.asc Qubes-R4.1.1-x86_64.iso
gpg: Signature made Thu 14 Jul 2022 09:49:38 PM MDT
gpg: using RSA key 5817A43B283DE5A9181A522E1848792F9E2795E9
gpg: Can’t check signature: No public key

Blockquote

I went back to the install:
dracut: mount device write-protected
… anaconda-lib.sh: line 71: shift: 2: shift out of range
Test FAIL: CD check failed

Without this test I actually can install Q but I guess this ASUS is not fit for “Q” thanks

I guess my ISO is bad, I will have to download it again!

Blockquote

$ gpg -v --verify Qubes-R4.1.1-x86_64.iso.asc Qubes-R4.1.1-x86_64.iso
gpg: Signature made Thu 14 Jul 2022 09:49:38 PM MDT
gpg: using RSA key 5817A43B283DE5A9181A522E1848792F9E2795E9
gpg: using pgp trust model
gpg: BAD signature from “Qubes OS Release 4 Signing Key” [unknown]
gpg: binary signature, digest algorithm SHA256, key algorithm rsa4096

Blockquote

https://www.qubes-os.org/security/verifying-signatures/#why-am-i-getting-cant-check-signature-public-key-not-found

Could be.
https://www.qubes-os.org/security/verifying-signatures/#why-am-i-getting-bad-signature-from-qubes-os-release-x-signing-key

I downloaded the new V-4.1.1 and it installed flawlessly Excellent.

1 Like