Thinkpad t590 disk shock protection

Hi, qubes users,
I recently installed qubeos 4.2.1 but I have a problem every time I move my laptop. I think it is an antishock system, but I don’t know how to disable it. Has anyone had the same problem? Does anyone know how to disable it?
I read here Hard disk shock protection — The Linux Kernel documentation a command to disable, but I don’t know how to apply it to qube OS

Thanks a lot

Bye

Can you describe your problem?

Hi,
when I move the laptop in an another location, it freeze, I can’t move the mouse cursor, if I’m listening music the last second song go in loop. It is sufficient a hard tap on the laptop to freeze all. The only way is to reboot

Bye

Check your disk S.M.A.R.T. status, maybe it’s failing and it’s better to replace the disk before it dies.
I’d also try to boot from Live USB OS and move/shake/hard tap the laptop to see whatever it’ll freeze or not. Maybe it’s a problem with some other hardware.

Before QubeOS, I’m using Ubuntu in the same laptop but without problem. I think the problem is this feature, but I don’t know how to implement the solution in QubeOS

Thanks

Try to add cpufreq=xen:hwp=off to Xen cmdline, maybe it’s this issue:

T590 doesn’t have 2.5" SATA slot, so I guess you don’t use HDD?
If you’re using SSD then it shouldn’t be an issue here.

You are right. I’m using an ssd

Right now, it seems the issue works fine.

To resume:
add the follow line to /etc/default/grub

GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT="$GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT cpufreq=xen:hwp=off"

and run

sudo grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

and restart

Thanks a lot