ThinkPad P14s Gen 4 kernel panic during boot from 4.2.1 installer USB

Hello, I am trying to install Qubes on a Lenovo ThinkPad P14s Gen 4 model 21K5000TUS. I’ve tried disabling various security features: disabled secure boot, then TPM, then DEP, then TSME (says it encrypts the whole memory in POST). I updated the UEFI to 1.36. I’ve tried booting with both the stable kernel and kernel-latest. I tried passing “single” to the stable kernel. I keep getting a kernel panic. I don’t think it was the same kernel panic in every instance.

I have tested that this hardware configuration can boot the Ubuntu 24.04 installer USB. I am including a photo of the stable kernel panic since I can only post one embedded picture as a new user. Sorry my camerawork is shoddy. These panics take up more than a screenful so I’m not sure how helpful they are anyway.

Is there anything I can do to install Qubes now on this hardware?

Try to add module_blacklist=ucsi_acpi to the kernel command line options in GRUB:

Thanks. Apparently that needs to remain as a kernel parameter after the installation as well. But then the touchpad doesn’t work. This solves it, and I think makes it boot faster: