Testing Windows and QWT in R4.1

As far as I can see, Windows does not use a proxy for updates. If I remove its NetVM, updates are refused due to lack of internet access. This system really is not suitable for secure work.

QWT in WIndows 10 is running fine so far, Xen PV Disk driver also installed, no BSOD or instability :smiley:
All I wish for now is automatic display resolution that was possible on R3.2/4.0 with Windows 7. But I’m not sure if that is technically possible.

1 Like

I have tested all AC97, ich9 and ich6 audio-models and can definitely confirm that with ich6 and ich9 sound is scratchy, but with Realtek AC97 drivers and audio-model, sound is perfect in Windows 7.
Maybe it has something to do with ESU updating?

Getting the Realtek AC97 driver for Windows 7 was difficult (to say the least), but, so far, I have found nothing for Windows 10 and 11. These drivers seem to be ancient and never adapted to more modern environments.

1 Like

Any idea if this is possible in a future QWT version?

This requires a significant modification of the Qubes graphic driver, no such plans are in place at the moment

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the clarification!
I tried adding custom resolutions with this tool:

But unfortunately it doesn’t work as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver does not support EDID overrides.

after not using my win10 VM for about 8 months, I tried to boot it today. I get either a black screen once the initial windows loading screen changes to the login screen, or it remains stuck on the rotating circle. Obviously no clue which update may be getting in the way. Don’t see anything in logs.