Test request: Intel 12th Gen CPUs

Has anyone tested Qubes on an Alder Lake? I’m interested because it has a new performance-efficiency core layout which might lead to issues. Since some AMD CPUs are not performing to their full potential with Qubes, this might also be an issue:

Also want to know how fast 12th Gens are for VM startup times, so I’d greatly appreciate it if you’d submit test times to this thread:

If I come across one, I will happily perform these tests for you.

i also think so, because the virtual machine nature of qubes, so vm will use the first core to the last core (i don’t know if the first is e-core or p-core) (i guess). moreover, since vm don’t specifying what core is using (at least in setting), if there any program in the bios to switch task to different core, there may a mess (or a advantage(lower chance))

I disagree since Xen might have issues with the big.little layout (as DRM for some games have shown) but I’m not knowledgable enough to go further.

I’m sure intel will make sure the Xen folks will look into this, to see if any fixes are needed.

The point of this thread is to reduce uncertainty about Qubes’ current compatibility.

I’m sure Xen devs will eventually get to fixing any issues with the big.little architecture, but there’s no guarantee it’ll be a priority. If someone wants to buy an Alder Lake for Qubes, they might have to wait a while before being able to use it.

Having some test numbers to see how its supposedly large performance gains translates to Qubes performance would be nice regardless.