Sys-net irreversibly broken upon suspend

Brand new user, tinkering with Qubes for the first time as of the past few days. Honestly less complicated than I expected! My only gripe is, every time I suspend, sys-net will crash and never work again until I reboot. Starting it again will show “disconnected” where all the networks should be, and attempting a manual connection will never finish. I’ve seen a few issues similar to this, but my case seems unique. It happens every time opposed to inconsistency. Any loop of killing/restarting sys-net will leave it still broken. Restarting NetworkManager does nothing. One interesting I found was trying to modprobe rtw88_8723de (my wifi module) would close the terminal window and crash sys-net. I could just disable sleep, but I like battery life, and besides… that’s the quitter solution :stuck_out_tongue: More than willing to post more info or try any suggestions!

Possibly Pertinent Pages I found which provided no solutions:

1 Like

I also have this behavior since upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2. Previously resume had never worked, and now it works very fine, except that I noticed that the sys-net VM is always absent at resume (and of course present and working at suspend), so currently I’m just relaunching it at every resume.
I can’t see anything clear in the sys-net logs (logs as if going to suspend was normal, and the line after is … booting as if it was normal).
Have you resolved this issue ?

Fixed for me with upgrade to 4.2.0-rc3