Sys-net disposable but only remember wifi passwords

If sys-net is disposable, how would i go about binding it so the wifi passwords are not forgotten?

Since /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections is symlink to /rw/config/NM-system-connections, you could maybe qvm-copy the connections in there you want to keep from the disposable to the AppVM template it is based on.

Or you could open the disposable’s AppVM template and manually create the connections there (nm-applet > Edit Connections > Plus sign). I prefer this way since it doesn’t involve copying a file from less to more trustworthy VM.

I am trying to figure this out as well. On a fresh install R4.1.1 laptop with a disposable Fedora 36 sys-net setup, if I try to edit the disposable’s AppVM (fedora-36-dvm) or the underlying fedora-36 template using nm-applet > Edit Connections > Plus sign I am unable to add a connection of any kind. The fields are all greyed out and I can’t add SSIDs or any other connection information.

Just copying a file anywhere, and not running it is not a security risk.

Testing on a debian appvm, I couldn’t add one either - it said I was not authorized. A recent change to nm-applet?

Following [1], I manually ran /usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent which allowed me to create the connection.

[1]FS#24692 : nm-applet: WARNING **: Failed to add new connection: (32) Insufficient privileges.

There seem to be some change in the way this is managed in debian templates.
I used a minimal debian 11 template, created a disposable template and based sys-net on it.
Until a couple of weeks sys-net asked to unlock keyring and wi-fi passwords bacame available. But not anymore.
Did not have the time to troubleshoot. Hope this helps you.

Regards.

Any idea of how this might be accomplished with a full Fedora (disposable) template? That’s what a default install of R4.1.1 uses.

I’ll probably switch to a Debian minimal disposable VM eventually, but my WiFi card only seems to show up with Fedora now.