Sys-net Debian template wifi password

I have a question regarding using Debian 10 as the template for sys-net. Usually I set gnome network manager to ask for for wifi passphrase every time I connect - however if using the Debian template this option is not available as network manager requires the passphrase to be saved in sys-net. Is there a way around this or should I stick to using the Fedora template for sys-net?

Actually, when you set up the password you chose to save it - the
option is almost completely hidden, but it is there.
Once you have a saved password, do this:

1. Right-click on the NM icon, select “Edit connections”
  2. Select the connection you want to change, and click on the gear icon.
  3. Go to the "Wi-Fi Security " pane.
  4. At the right of the “Password” entry box, click the “People” icon.
  5. Select “Ask for this password every time”

Done

Thanks unman. How embarrassing for me! I will test this shortly as I could not for the life of me remedy this.

Hi unman. This is the procedure I usually try and the same which I use in the Fedora based sys-net. But when I use a Debian 10 based Template I get a popup when I try to make the first connection to the network:

Authentication required by Wi-Fi network
Passwords or encryption keys are required to access the Wi-Fi network “WorkWifi”.

If I choose ‘Connect’ the connection fails immediately.

My connection settings are the same as for my Fedora based sys-net:

WPA&WPA2 Enterprise
PEAP
No CA Certificate is required√
MSCHAPv2

The only way I can get a successful connection is to choose to save the network password (which I want to avoid).

I don’t recall it happening in Debian 9 and I figured it must be something changed in Debian 10. Since I discovered this new qubes forum I thought I might ask about it.

I have tested this on multiple machines with different WiFi cards (atheros, Intel, realtek) and still I get the same quirk.

I’m confused as to what it is that you are trying to achieve.
I thought you wanted the password not to be stored. Apparently not.
Can you spell it out for me, as one would to a young child or a golden
retriever

Hi unman. Yeah, I don’t want to store the password. I want it to ‘Ask For Password Every Time’. When I set up networkmanager in sys-net using a Debian Template (the same setup as for my sys-net using the Fedora Template), I am unable to connect. The initial connection attempt produces the above popup (Wifi Network Authentication Required):

but when I select Connect there is option to input the password. Instead of asking for the password Networkmanager tries to connect and fails (I assume because it has no password - which it did not ask for). Unlike the Fedora sys-net, it does not have the popup to input the password each time I want to connect to the WiFi.

I setup the a new connection in Network Connections using sys-net (Debian Template) NetworkManager:

Wi-Fi
SSID: WorkWifi
Mode: Client
Band: Automatic

Wi-Fi Security
Security: WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
Authentication: PEAP
*No CA certification is required
PEAP version: Automatic
Inner Authentication: MSCHAPv2
Username: myworkusername
Password: ? * ‘Ask for this password every time’

Save.

Then Networkmanager tries to connect and the Wi-Fi Network Authentication pops up (screenshot).

There is no option to input the password. Pressing ‘Connect’ makes the popup disappear and Networkmanager tries to connect and fails.

I would expect Networkmanager to ask for the network password (‘Ask for this password every time’). When I use this same setup in sys-net with the Fedora-based Template Networkmanager asks for the password in a popup, I enter the password, and then I get a wifi connection.