I have reports of various issues with 4.1.1 and latest updates,
These are issues with at least 5 reports:
- Qubes running very hot - far hotter than 4.0
- Qubes running with increased RAM usage - for example, on x220/230 I had dom0 maxed
at 1536M, service qubes at 3/400M, and could comfortably run 14+ qubes
in 16GB RAM.
Now I have had to push up dom0 allocation, push up per qube
allocation, can run far fewer qubes without interruption, and regularly
have qubes failing to start. I have reports from users who have not
customised memory allocation
- Random freezes and hard crashes - these have been reported in the
Forum generally. Usually there is no relevant information in the
- Randomly qubes fail to start.
- Issues with sleep - sleep used to work flawlessly. If sys-net was
left running, network connections were re-established and the Qubes
network stack worked.
Now, sys-net will reconnect, but downstream netvms become unusable.
They provide no network access, and it is not possible to open a
terminal using qvm-run xterm - the command just hangs.
It is not possible to restart the qube - the logs contain only
"libvirtd: internal error: libxenlight failed to create new domain "
These issues affect machines with stock BIOS and coreboot, and some
I think that issue 5 is specific to kernel-latest.
I’d like to hear if you recognise any of these, and any thoughts on how
to proceed before raising issues at GitHub.