Slow down and performance with Thinkpad L15 ryzen pro 7

I hope you can help me to find the problem i searched a lot here but i cant found some hint which resolved the problems yet.
I updated dom0 already to latest kernel. But its still same problem
I used befor 4.0 and there i never had this problems

1. The Moving of windows have time lag in between aprox 1 sec from postition to next position.

2. opening a a VM like the “work” Filemanger takes approx 25sec and the shutdown ~19sec

any idea how this could be solved ?
thanks br

i forgot but memory is extended to 64 Gig so enough i think.

There are several ongoing glitches in Qubes R4.1 afaik.

Also saying “latest kernel” is ambiguous - if you suspect that the problem lies in linux kernel (which is probable for new hardwares), you do not “update” to the latest kernel but rather try kernel-latest. The following documentation page talks about the difference between kernel, kernel-latest, kernel-qubes-vm and kernel-latest-qubes-vm.

You might also want to check if the CPU is running at the proper speed:

This issue is about Intel but I’ve seen similar reports about Ryzen CPU’s on the forum. Afaik a kernel parameter would fix it.
EDIT:
Here’s a solution for a slow Ryzen issue: [qubes-users] HCL - Lenovo P14s (AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U) - #2 by Sven

1 Like

For intel ? What is it for fix

I don’t understand your question.
Anyway you might not need to do anything. My Ryzen 7 Pro 5875U works fast without any workarounds now with Qubes R4.2.0

My ssd doesn’t even get detected during install with stable latest you are also using…

Check your BIOS and try to change the storage mode from RAID to AHCI or NVMe or you can try to disable VMD if you have this option

I got intel, no clue what that option is

What’s vmd? I did disable virtualization and ssd still not visible

I don’t have that option, blue bios is blue, diffrent

Do you have SATA mode configuration in BIOS?

I don’t have any storage configuration

Non

Formatting disk fixed it, whonix takes abnormally long yo connect on initial setup on first install, and performance is overall terrible for some reason…

Lenovo 20FRS19N00

I’m going insane, like what the hell, I’ve tried another iso on same USB and it works finez but this issue is solely happening on qubes, it only started happening randomly during the time everything was working fine, then all of the sudden things became extremely slow and laggy, it persisted after clean install or even different qubes iso, like what the hell?, whonix barely connects, VMS mostly don’t boot, or take forever to do so, I really need help figuring out the cause, I have been disappointed with this OS

X1 Yoga? That’s completely different than the L15 and also not AMD. It’s better to create a new thread then or find a X1 Yoga thread.

It’s thinkpad x1 4th gen