Signs of hacking or just too many bugs?

Hi yesterday I was setting up for the forth time a laptop running qubes 4.2.1 Debian 12. I was struggling downloading anything with sys-net wired connected to a router (with wrtopen fw)with sim card and external firewall additional FW (opensense with Zeta or). I then have proton vpn on my laptop all in all 2 vpn one on the router and one on the qube laptop.

Suddenly the connection improved dramatically (i did not change any rules nor FW setup). I was proposed to update a standalone WM on which I had installed the proton mail app which was working fine before the prompted update (i then learned that an app in such a qube should be updated manually with a reinstall of the updated app). When restarting the proton mail app was no more available. For extra safty i reinstalled the same app on a new qube app wm standalone

Next I put the laptop on stand by without internet (no teetering no wifi enabled).

When reaccessing my qube’s user account I noticed that I could no more connect to opnsense GUI (not connecting). I had to reset the root password but even after resetting the ip address of the GUI i still cannot connect to it ! Why? If I try on a window laptop i can!

All was working fine just before I put the laptop on stand by.

What to fo best…A new clean install Opnsense and qube os? What is going on?
Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help in advance
Best