Seeking volunteer(s) for the Qubes hardware compatibility list (HCL) maintainer role

@Sven has been doing a wonderful job as our HCL maintainer for quite a while now, but unfortunately, he will no longer have much time to devote to the task in the future. We are, therefore, seeking one or more volunteers for this role. Sven has offered to write a short guide and help to get the new HCL maintainer(s) up to speed. Please reply to this thread if interested. For more information about how the HCL works, please see:

7 Likes

I’ll be happy to help and am familiar with the HCL, but not with what the role entitles. A short guide or just a simple Q&A session with Sven would help clarify this for me (and possibly others willing to help too). I can spare some time daily to help the Qubes project.

8 Likes

I can help with that, but likely not at 100% involvement. I guess it’s better to spread the tasks among more than one person.

8 Likes

That’s great @flavio and @fsflover! I’ll write the guide next week, it’s really not a complicated task at all. The guide is more a walkthrough on how I made the task easy for myself (tips & tricks). Looking forward to work with you!

8 Likes

Sounds good, @Sven. Happy to help!

4 posts were split to a new topic: Proposal for re-organizing the HCL

@flavio @fsflover … my write up is here. Feel free to message me with questions.

If you like you can start right away with sending PR’s to qubes-hcl, I think there are one or two reports in the forum that haven’t been added yet.

Thank you for your help and stepping up!

4 Likes

@flavio @fsflover … I think there are several new reports both on qubes-users as well as in the forum (I stopped actively tracking them). Are you ready to do a PR or shall I take care of these? Please let me know.

2 Likes

@Sven i didnt know the cutoff date and, therefore, didn’t check. I’ll work on these later today.

4 Likes

OK, I hoped that registration at Microsoft’s GitHub would not be necessary here. Tried to register at GitHub using Whonix, without giving away my personal data. No success, despite correctly solving 10 (!) torturous anti-robot puzzles:

More attempts didn’t help either. I’m afraid I’m not ready to reveal my identity for this account to the world. (However, revealing it to the Qubes team might be possible, if it helps.

3 Likes

@flavio haven’t seen a pull request for 3+ weeks :wink: Are you planning to do them monthly? (That’s OK with me, just checking)

1 Like

Thanks for the ping! I don’t have a planned schedule, but sometimes work and life gets in the way. Traveled for work an entire week and then needed to attend meetings in the office for another entire week (on top of my normal job) :slight_smile:

I’ll catch up today.

4 Likes

@Sven, I’m up to date again. I see my repository clone ahead by 26 commits, which is probably wrong. Once you are done merging, please let me know and I’ll resync everything on my side to start clean again.

1 Like