Hello.
I have upgraded recently to Qubes 4.1.1 from 4.0 on a Lenovo Thinkpad with an integrated intel GPU and + a nvidia GPU.
I have an issue with my display flickering (showing parallel lines across the screen that change when I move the mouse).
It only does that when I’m using i3wm. On xfce everything looks fines. Also when discrete graphics is enabled in the bios there’s no flickering.
I have tried the solution described here : Screen flickering in Qubes 4.1 on Tuxedo InfinityBook Pro 14 Gen6 - #10 by dud1337 on kernel 5.18, 5.16 and 5.15 without success.
I would love to solve this issue because in discrete mode my laptop is heating too much, and I’m so used to i3 that having to switch to xfce would be a deal breaker for me. I have been using 4.0 with the same setup for 2 years and everything was fine.
Any idea what could cause this?
Do you use the integrated intel gpu or the nvidia gpu?
I also had that problem with 4.1.0 last year. There was too much horizontal tearing to use the Qubes Manager GUI. I used the integrated intel gpu since it was the only option on my T480.
Not sure if this is related to your problem, but have you checked this?
Yes that was it, everyhting looks good now after adding the file.
Sorry for the duplicate, somehow I missed this thread when looking for a solution.
Glad it worked mate.