Redhat (fedora) HCL valid for Qubes?

Since dom0 is, by default, currently based on fedora, wouldn’t the redhat (fedora) HCL be valid for Qubes?

Hi @1of7,

Part of the HCL covers virtualization requirements (e.g. HVM, IOMMU) which are likely to be different to the most common Redhat / Fedora use cases.

A positive Redhat / Fedora HCL report is probably a good start, but it may be prudent to also look for a Qubes OS HCL before committing to a machine. Does that make sense?

I see the requirement that the motherboard must support virtualization. But for memory, graphics, audio, etc. it would seem that if the component was on the redhat list it would work for the Qubes dom0 installed drivers for fedora. But first hand verfication via a dedicated HCL is always best.

1of7:

Since dom0 is, by default, currently based on fedora, wouldn’t the redhat (fedora) HCL be valid for Qubes?

Nope.

e.g. Fedora works just fine with CPUs that don’t support Vt-d.

Fedora’s move to kvm would seem to imply the need for virtualization in their HCL.

We got a reply on this thread which I believe was part of a spam campaign. Supposedly I deleted the response, but it has completely vanished not even leaving a note that something was deleted. So I may have done something wrong.