R4.1 Testing Alpha signed - Installation failed, An unknown error occurred - Timeout has reached

Hi,

The installation of the Alpha signed 4.1 cannot install failed saying unknown error occurred.

04:22:23,909 INF progress: Creating ext4 on /dev/mapper/qubes_dom0-vm–pool
04:31:08,881 INF threading: Thread Failed: AnaInstallThread (136925469161216)
04:31:08,881 DBG exception: running handleException
04:31:08,882 CRT exception: Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pyanaconda/threading.py”, line 280, in run
threading.Thread.run(self)

File “/usr/lib64/python3.8/threading.py”, line 870, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)

File “/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pyanaconda/installation.py”, line 382, in run_installation
queue.start()

File “/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pyanaconda/installation_tasks.py”, line 311, in start
item.start()

File “/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pyanaconda/installation_tasks.py”, line 311, in start
item.start()

item.start()

File “/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pyanaconda/installation_tasks.py”, line 490, in start
self.run_task()

File “/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pyanaconda/installation_tasks.py”, line 521, in run_task
sync_run_task(self._task_proxy)

File “/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pyanaconda/modules/common/task/init.py”, line 46, in sync_run_task
task_proxy.Finish()

File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dasbus/client/handler.py”, line 442, in _call_method
return self._get_method_reply(

File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dasbus/client/handler.py”, line 474, in _get_method_reply
return self._handle_method_error(error)

File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dasbus/client/handler.py”, line 496, in _handle_method_error
raise exception from None

dasbus.error.DBusError: Waiting for ‘LvCreateLinear’ method of the ‘/com/redhat/lvmdbus1/Vg/0’ object to finish failed: Failed to get Complete property of the /com/redhat/lvmdbus1/Job/1 object: Timeout was reached

dasbus.error.DBusError: waiting for ‘LvCreateLinear’ method of the ‘/com/redhat/lvmbus1/Vg/0’ ojbect to finish failed: Failed to get Complete property of the /com/redhat/lvmdbus1/Job/1 object: Timeout was reached.

anaconda.yml (22.5 KB)
I have attached the error logs.

Edit : I tried with another machine same error. Im thinking of installing it to an SSD. Any advice on what might be wrong here? I guess I will keep messing with it until I figure it out

Asus ROG hero VII
Ryzen 7 3700x
RTX 2060 AMP

Maybe try to install it again and make and click at the advanced section for use custom storage pool, and be sure that the only usb stick plugged in , is the one with the qubes 4.1.iso. I got several problems, while installing. sometimes sys-net cannot create ,sometimes an other template,but so I nevere had a installation problem. I get a problem if I choose the blived gui, or manual partioning at installer. then it crashes the complete one and have to start again, but that was one of the only problem I noticed. I am always installing qubes on a ssd and have a second hd with windows. And I am don’t have updated bios to uefi and using legacy mody like at qubes 4.0x before and of course VT is enabled in the bios before installation. ;Maybe check all the steps again ,what is important to for installation or try to create a fresh usb stick iso again. I wish u much luck and hope u can get it working ,soon.

I had two identically named pools on two different devices, and the installation went into chaos. Perhaps selecting one of them manually at the second stage of the installation could have helped, but I am not sure of this.

1 Like