QWT bug preventing file move and copy to a Windows 10 Qube

I have used QWT in the past with a Windows 10 Qube and had no issues. However upon recently re-creating a new Win10 Qube and installing QWT using the final version prior to it being discontinued I can no longer copy/moves files into my Windows qube however I can move them out of it.

Note that v4.1.69 QWT is what it shows as in “Add or Remove Programs” in Windows, however I can confirm any version past the one I used for my install will simply contain a README.TXT stating that QWT is discontinued. Also notable is that I used “Move User Profiles” option when I did my install, whereas in the past I typically did not use this option (without it though making Windows AppVMs becomes infeasible).

To clarify, I can copy/paste over the clipboard to/from my Win10 Qube and others just fine, and can also move/copy files out of the Qube, just not into it, so the agent is clearly (partially) working properly. The qvm-features of my Qube and the specific error logs are as follows:

qvm-features MyWindowsVM
qubesmanager.maxmem_value 8000
os Windows
rpc-clipboard 1
stubdom-qrexec 1
audio-model ich6
timezone localtime
no-monitor-layout 1
qrexec 1
gui
gui-emulated 1

These settings were defaults and I have not manually changed them whatsoever.

As for the QWT logs, when I attempt to copy or move a file from another Qube into Windows, the following log files/contents appear at Q:\QubesLogs:

file-receiver-20240529-192134-9968.log
[20240529.192134.723-8752-E] wmain: SHGetKnownFolderPath failed with error -2147024894: The system cannot find the file specified.

qrexec-wrapper-20240529-192134-2168.log
[20240529.192134.227-9524-E] CreatePipedProcessAsUser: LogonUser failed with error 1326: The user name or password is incorrect.
[20240529.192134.227-9524-E] StartChild: CreatePipedProcessAsUser failed with error 1326: The user name or password is incorrect.

I am a Windows programmer familiar with the Windows API (both CreatePipedProcessAsUser and SHGetKnownFolderPath) and neither of these errors in the context of my OS make sense to me. I have not done any fancy customization related to my user, password or profile, it is a basic Windows 10 install. My user is an admin with UAC disabled and no password, although I have also tried using a password and this does not prevent the error.

Has someone who has successfully gotten QWT working recently, or a developer familiar with its code base, got any idea how I can get QWT to stop throwing these errors when I try to move/copy files into it?

1. Lastly to enable file copy operations to a Windows VM, the default_user property of this VM should be set to the <username> that you use to login to the Windows VM. This can be done via the following command on a dom0 terminal: (where <VMname> is the name of your Windows VM)[user@dom0 ~] $ qvm-prefs <VMname> default_user <username>

Warning: If this property is not set or set to a wrong value, files copied to this VM are stored in the folder

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents\QubesIncoming<source_VM>

If the target VM is an AppVM, this has the consequence that the files are stored in the corresponding TemplateVM and so are lost on AppVM shutdown.