Query TUXEDO InfinityBook Pro 14 - Gen7

Yes, it is in assembly so I should have an answer in the next 2 weeks. I will be sure to post to this thread with results!

1 Like

I can verify that the Infinitybook 14 pro gen 7 works wonderfully. I get the model without the 3050 and it runs my 5120 x 1440 monitor without a problem. Now if only the ā€œsuspendā€ issue could be resolved.

1 Like

excellent! Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Kate,

is it possible to deactivate the Intel Management Engine (ME) on the Tuxedo Infinitybook? I have read that this should be possible via the bios.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

seems Iā€™m in the same boat with a Tuxedo InfinityBook 16v7 (no nvidia, only intel graphics): Apart from sleep anything works great.

• Yes, you can disable Intel ME in the BIOS
  • For thunderbolt 4 functionality you have to keep the NHI adapter in dom0 by adding rd.qubes.dom0_usb=00:0d.2 to your linux cmdline. This will enable DP over USB-C and provide you with the devices in /sys/bus/thunderbolt/devices, where you can choose to authorize them. If thereā€™s somebody with a deep understanding of thunderbolt/usb4: Does this have any further security implications?

In regards to the sleep issue:

• The laptop announces both: s2idle and deep in /sys/power/mem_sleep
  • I understand s2idle wonā€™t work with Xen yet, see https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/6411
  • Same behaviour with stock TuxedoOS as in Qubes when trying deep sleep: Laptop wonā€™t resume properly aka keyboard and fans will resume, but network, screen (and anything else?) will stay dead.
  • Tuxedo support says theyā€™re unwilling to fix deep sleep.

Since this isnā€™t satisfactory - any pointers to some documentation on how to debug deep sleep resume in linux would be great.

Thanks

2 Likes

Fwiw, Iā€™ve managed to get my Tuxedo Infinity Book with linux powermanagement down to 6 Watt. Itā€™ll get warm in the bagpack, but for me itā€™s enough to keep the engine running on a busy day.

NO warranties etcā€¦ This is NOT a fix. Itā€™s just desperately trying to put this piece of hardware to work. Thereā€™s still the risk of overheating.

What I could not find out yet, is an equivalent for HW42s low power acpi profile for NVMEs. I run this script at lidswitch event via acpid. If someone has more ideas on how to improve power consumption, please let me know.

#!/bin/bash

if [ -z "$1" ]; then
	echo "  usage: $0 suspend|resume"
	echo "     This script initiates some pm measures on tuxedov7 to get power consumption down."
	exit 0
fi

if [ "$1" = "suspend" ]; then

# disable tuxedo keyboard backlit ~2W
	sudo sh -c "echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/white\:kbd_backlight/brightness"

# stop all VMs
	qvm-pause -q --all
	sleep 3

# chill disk activities
	sudo sync
	sudo sh -c "echo 12000 > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs"

# reduce cpu to one core with minimal frequency
	sudo xenpm disable-turbo-mode
	sudo xenpm set-scaling-governor powersave
	for i in $(seq 1 13); do sudo sh -c "echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu$i/online" ; done
	sudo xenpm set-scaling-maxfreq 0 400000

# activate pm for all pci devices
	for i in $(lspci | cut -d " " -f 1); do sudo sh -c "echo auto > '/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:$i/power/control'"; done
	# disable touchpad
	sudo modprobe -r i2c_hid_acpi i2c_hid

sudo sensors

elif [ "$1" = "resume" ]; then

sudo sh -c "echo 500 > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs"

for i in $(seq 1 13); do sudo sh -c "echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu$i/online" ; done
	sudo xenpm enable-turbo-mode
	sudo xenpm set-scaling-maxfreq 0 2601000
	sudo xenpm set-scaling-governor ondemand

sudo modprobe i2c_hid_acpi

qvm-unpause -q --all

sudo sh -c "echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/white\:kbd_backlight/brightness"

sudo sensors

fi

Screen off is taken care for by xfce pm on lidswitch.