[qubes-users] Updating Signal desktop

Hi,

I am having a problem with Signal Desktop. Signal released new update and as a result the desktop version is not working anymore. What is the best way to update Signal desktop?

Thanks,

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “qubes-users” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to . To view this discussion on the web visit .

How did you install it?

If you used a debian template and the instructions on the signal website, you just need to update the template.

Than you installed it how? Using snap?

Please make sure you reply to the list.

/Sven

I ran this command on my Fedora template:

sudo dnf install signal-deaktop

It was working until signal release an update and after that i am not able to use it.

Have you tried to get it from the copr repository? You should do this via:

sudo dnf copr enable luminoso/Signal-Desktop

and your (already) used command

sudo dnf install signal-deaktop

That’s what I did.

I tried to removed Signal and install it one more time and still I have getting the same error message.

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “qubes-users” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to . To view this discussion on the web visit .

Strange.
Tested it on my 4.0.4 device and it’s working like a charm.

I am running 4.0(R4.0).

Do you think this might be the issue?

Don’t think so. Would rather believe this happens to 4.1 more, than on 4.0.4
4.1 still is under development… But can test an install on my 4.0.4 device. Let’s see how this will look like.
Keep you informed…

Cheers Steffen

same on 4.0.4… no problems during install and tool opens w/o any error. Workin’ !
Sorry, somethings seems to be wrong on your template/AppVM.

Thanks for testing that.

Any idea on how can I debug it?

no real clue. would try to remove it again and install it new.
or at least clone the current template (or reinstall it from scratch) and install signal-desktop there again.

Finally I am having Signal desktop :slight_smile:

I was able to install and use it when I download it from store.

Thanks everyone who helped to to find the solution.