[qubes-users] Short list of laptops/desktops that work well with Qubes OS

*** Please reply either on qubes-users or on the forum[1] but not both. I'll compile results from both sources into one list. Thank you! ***

In addition to the three certified[2] laptops and the large hardware compatibility list[3] there is a need for a shorter list of laptops / desktops that are available to be bought that work well with the current Qubes OS release.

As a first step, this thread is meant to collect candidates for that list. If you run a setup that fulfills ALL of the following conditions, please list it in this thread.

1) Qubes OS R4.0.4 can be installed without workarounds

2) Mayor functionality is available (i.e. graphics, sound) with the
    standard Fedora template (i.e. WiFi, Ethernet) without additional
    troubleshooting

3) The performance is acceptable for every day tasks (web incl.
    audio/video, view/edit documents)

4) The computer is readily available to be bought new or used

If things like Bluetooth or suspend are not working "out of the box" this can be mentioned as a limitation. The part about "readily available" might vary by region -- that is fine.

Any candidate that fulfills the above conditions and is backed by two or more reporters makes it on the list. We might repeat this process once a year or after a major release (like R4.1).

The list will be hosted in the forum and marked as a community effort independent from and not endorsed by the core team.

[1] Short list of laptops/desktops that work well with Qubes OS
[2] Certified hardware | Qubes OS
[3] Certified hardware | Qubes OS

/Sven

Just in case you haven't seen it yet, the above proposed list is now available here:

Thank you all for your reports and suggestions. Please keep them coming, this is an ongoing project and very soon we will start a new list when the first release candidates for R4.1 become available!

/Sven