[qubes-users] Re: Oryx Pro laptop (BOOTX64.cfg for Qubes 4.0.1)

I can open the .iso with “nano vim” but ultimately that doesn’t get me to the config file /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.cfg that is described but not named in the following post.

I’m also rather concerned why there are two “Original Installer ISO” files described here. Why doesn’t he just list the filenames?

I’m also having difficult saving files to the .iso

Mike

Hi,

I can open the .iso with “nano vim” but ultimately that doesn’t get me to the config file /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.cfg that is described but not named in the following post.

If you trying to change .iso-file with via opening in ‘vim’ or any other editor, then you don’t need to search bootx64.cfg. You can just find those lines which you need to edit via CTRL-F or other command for you editor to find the lines which you need to change.

I’m also rather concerned why there are two “Original Installer ISO” files described here. Why doesn’t he just list the filenames?

Actually I don’t remember if there any 2 .iso-files. You could printscreen this to clarify this moment.

I’m also having difficult saving files to the .iso

If you did the command:
‘chmod u+w /path/to/file.iso’
and it didn’t help you, then you can try to use any live-system of any Linux system like Fedora/Ubuntu/Debian where it is worked always correctly for me. For example at first time on Windows it did not worked for me, but about month ago I tried the same Notepad++ on Windows and it worked. I don’t know what changed. I stopped looking for answers if something concerns the Windows OS :slight_smile: