[qubes-users] Need help troubleshooting four program installs (EyeWitness/theHarvester/pipenv/kazam) for Fedora based OSINT VM

Good Morning again,

I got the OSINT VM about 95% setup. Thank you all for your help on it. I ran into problems during the install of a few recommended tools in the Mike Bazzell OSINT manual. These programs are as follows: EyeWitness, theHarvester, pipenv, and kazam.

Kazam seems like something I don’t actually need but I’d still like all tools set up. Below is the terminal text I saved in a “todo” txt file. Any help understanding the error messages and what I need to do to resolve them would be appreciated. I recognize everyone on here is quite busy but this n00b would definitely appreciate the help. Thank you.

Good Morning again,

I got the OSINT VM about 95% setup. Thank you all for your help on it. I
ran into problems during the install of a few recommended tools in the Mike
Bazzell OSINT manual. These programs are as follows: EyeWitness,
theHarvester, pipenv, and kazam.

Kazam seems like something I don't actually need but I'd still like all
tools set up. Below is the terminal text I saved in a "todo" txt file. Any
help understanding the error messages and what I need to do to resolve them
would be appreciated. I recognize everyone on here is quite busy but this
n00b would definitely appreciate the help. Thank you.

You have not said where, or how, you are trying to install these - in Template,
Standalone, or template based qube.

=========================================================================
1. Fix Eyewitness
#######################################################################
# EyeWitness Setup #
#######################################################################

[Error]: \S is not supported by this setup script.

Clear - look in the setup script. You are using a parameter "\S" that is
not supported.

[user@OSINT-Template setup]$

2. Fix theHarvester
3. Fix pipenv

You have repeated error 502 - this is "Bad Gateway"- change your routing
to these sites.
You do not have right python installed - the requirement is specific -

=2.7, but less than 3.0.

Install and configure your python(s) as necessary.

4. Fix kazam
[user@OSINT-Template kazam-1.4.4]$ sudo python3 setup.py install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 8, in <module>
    from DistUtilsExtra.command import *
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'DistUtilsExtra'
[user@OSINT-Template kazam-1.4.4]$

You need to install DistUtilsExtra - in Debian based qubes you should
install python-distutils-extra or python3-distutils-extra , depending on
your python version.

1. Roger
    2&3. Sounds like I need to install some sort of 2.x python version. I imagine 2.9 should be sufficient if I can find it.
  2. I’ll see what I can find on my own with a Fedora based qube via dnf. Do you happen to know what it would be for fedora? Thank you for your help.

Re: 1, the EyeWitness issue. I still have a problem.
I went into the setup.sh file with gedit to look at the code. The only relevant line of code seems to be this.

echo “[Error]: ${osinfo} is not supported by this setup script.”

There was no \S parameter for me to edit out. And, despite pulling this via git clone, it seems that the setup.sh script does not support Fedora. I’m going to google around and see what I can find. Certainly there has to be a version of this program that likes Fedora. Otherwise I guess I need to try this again with debian and put up with Firefox ESR.

Floyd: If you see this, let me know if you have any feedback. It would definitely be appreciated since you commented on my posts before and have done something similar to what I’m trying to do re: OSINT VM’s on Fedora. I know you settled on debian but I just want to finally call this setup complete and get on with it, ya know? Thanks again all.

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “qubes-users” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to . To view this discussion on the web visit .

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “qubes-users” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to . To view this discussion on the web visit .

Appreciate the info Floyd. Thank you.