[qubes-users] How do I install trezor-bridge on a Qubes system without a sys-usb qube e

I’m trying to make Trezor Model T work on my Qubes system installed on a ssd usb drive according to this guide https://wiki.trezor.io/Qubes_OS . So by default the sys-usb qube is disabled. If I try to enable it my whole system turns unusable.

Should I edit the sys-net qube instead of nonexistent sys-usb ?

in sys-usb:

sudo vim /usr/local/etc/qubes-rpc/trezord-service

add this line:

socat - TCP:localhost:21325

'Joanna Anders' via qubes-users:

I'm trying to make Trezor Model T work on my Qubes system installed on a
ssd *usb drive* according to this guide https://wiki.trezor.io/Qubes_OS .
So by default the *sys-usb qube is disabled*. If I try to enable it my
whole system turns unusable.

Should I edit the *sys-net* qube instead of nonexistent *sys-usb* ?

If I'm not mistaken, running Qubes directly from a USB drive requires dom0 to own at least the USB controller responsible for the drive. This would mean you would have to run the trezor service there as well, but as dom0's networking is disabled, wouldn't get you any further. Unfortunately, think you pretty much require a sys-usb. If you have more than one controller driving the external ports (fairly unusual on laptops, though) you may be able to assign a single unused controller to a sys-usb qube and use the Trezor device on those specific ports. Not an option if your drive is on one of the same ports. Other option could be to install Qubes on local disk instead of USB.

Is it unusual to have more than one controller on a laptop? Venerable
old Thinkpads had 2 or 3, and you could easily keep one for dom0 and the
other(s) for sys-usb purposes.
But you're not mistaken - if you only have 1 controller, you cant
allocate that to a sys-usb while running from usb.

unman:

Is it unusual to have more than one controller on a laptop? Venerable
old Thinkpads had 2 or 3, and you could easily keep one for dom0 and the
other(s) for sys-usb purposes.

From what I hear/have seen, newer laptops often only have one, in the continued pursuit of saving a few pennies at the customer's expense. Maybe I've only heard of them because of that issue, however.

Thanks. Always done at the customer's expense, as you say.

Yep, my ThinkPad P51 came with just one. Got an additional express card to have a second one.

/Sven