[qubes-users] Hi All - Great Work Thanks & Nvidia?

Hi to everyone!

To those involved with this project let me first say a BIG THANKS, this is a really great system and I truly hope that QubeOS is going to live on for a very long time, because serious OS security like this is needed for the future!

I see on this link; http://qubes-os.org/trac/wiki/InstallNvidiaDriver the nvidia drivers I'm assuming are still not compatible with Qubes R2 Beta 2?

Believe it or not, I have QuebOS running on a Asus G73SW and it runs great, but I'd love to be able to use the Nvidia drivers because the nouveau do not have good thermal support, so they cause the GPU to runner hotter which I've experienced on several GPU chipsets. The nouveau drivers still don't offer anywhere the quality of the Nvidia drivers so for me it's not much of a choice or option. If you just run a lowend GPU I can understand going with nouveau, but when we are talking about high-end GT(X) chipsets Nvidia is the only way to go.

I saw it mentioned about the possibility of malicious/backdoored file for Nvidia and maybe it's better to just go with intergrated Intel for a laptop. I've personally never seen an Intel graphics chip match the quality of Nvidia or ATI 2D or 3D quality in Linux, or even Windows for that matter...

Nvidia offers you a lot of options via a GUI control panel that work wonders even for just 2D desktop quality and performance when compared to Intel graphics. In Linux there aren't many options you can adjust for the Intel chip, so it's very limited in what you can do. So I really hope in the future QubeOS will have support for Nvidia, unless it does and guide is outdated?

THANKS

P.S. I sent a blank email to subscribe, not sure if I was suppose to receive anything back saying I was subscribed, so in the meantime while I'm waiting I wanted to send this email...

Please note that you must send a blank email to qubes-users+subscribe@googlegroups.com in order to subscribe the qubes-users list. (Note the "+subscribe".)

Likewise, to subscribe to the qubes-devel list, send a blank email to qubes-devel+subscribe@googlegroups.com.

After doing this, you should receive an automated "join request" email with further instructions.