I am running Crossover (to start Office 2010) within Qubes and have some trouble with the App-shortcuts.
- I have a template VM ("t-debian-10-crossover") which is based on debian-10-minimal and which has crossover installed
- I have an AppVM ("my-crossover") which is based on the above template VM
- I have installed some windows apps (Notepad++ / Office 2010) in the AppVM. The application are installed in ~/.cxoffice
- I can launch the windows apps from the crossover menu or from an AppVM terminal (for example to launch MS Word from the AppVM Terminal
I would like to add a menu entry to the Qubes AppVM menu and tried to follow the directions from the Qubes docs, but the menu didn't show up.
While the Crossover App itself is installed in a template VM, the windows application are installed in a folder ~/.cxoffice in the AppVM (which based on the crossover template).
The following command will launch a windows app via Crossover in the AppVM:
qvm-run --auto my-crossover '/home/user/.cxoffice/Microsoft_Office_2010/desktopdata/cxmenu/StartMenu.C^5E3A_users_crossover_Start^2BMenu/Programs/Microsoft+Office/Microsoft+Word+2010.lnk'
I have followed the Qubes docs from this link:
I have therefore:
1) created a new .desktop file:
[user@dom0 ~]$ nano ~/.local/share/applications/my-crossover-ms-word.desktop
Comment=Run Microsoft Word with CrossOver Linux
Exec=qvm-run --auto my-crossover /home/user/.cxoffice/Microsoft_Office_2010/desktopdata/cxmenu/StartMenu.C^5E3A_users_crossover_Start^2BMenu/Programs/Microsoft+Office/Microsoft+Word+2010.lnk
2) added the newly creaed my-crossover-ms-word.desktop file to a new .menu file (as mentioned in the Qubes docs)
[user@dom0 ~]$ cat ~/.config/menus/applications-merged/my-crossover-vm.menu
BUT ... doing so, is _not_ adding anything the applications menu of my AppVM.
Any ideas what I am missing?