Qubes/Tails with persistent usb drive

I am trying to create a Tails setup inside QubesOS. It’s not about security/privacy. I think it’s a practical way for Tails documentation (e.g. screenshots).

I already have a running Tails VM by following this guide:

I am also aware of the “Tails Troubleshooting guide”:

However, I don’t understand how to create a persistent storage for Tails. I do not have one at hand. I would like to create a new one. Either using part of my main hard drive or adding a USB stick.

Please help me out. Thanks.

1 Like

Hey brother did you solve it? Trying to do the same now!

Cheers

See the following article:

2 Likes

You may not need the peristent volume for documentation purposes, but this is a good find indeed! :+1:

what do you mean for documentation purposes?

The purpose of the OP is writing documentation for TAILS.

The setup described in the article you linked is explicitly for development purposes, what that means is that if you’re looking at using TAILS for the features it’s been designed for (e.g. not leaving traces on your computer) you should seriously consider using it the way it’s designed to be used (not virtualized as this article describes).

But writing docs for TAILS is exactly what this kind of setup can help with. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can Qubes replicate the anti-forensic features of TailsOS?

I’d second this reply on the other thread (let’s continue there, as it goes beyond the scope of this one):