Qubes stuck in a loop asking for disk pw

I took the time with a day off work to download Fedora 36 and sort things out which went ok until I attempted to reboot. I found that after inputting the pw to decrypt the disk qubes just kept going round and round taking me back to that pw prompt.

I have my mouse and usb keyboard enabled when I boot up (yes, I am aware of the security issues etc) and I don’t have any issues with this. When booting up the only thing of note that is on the screen is

Warning USB in dom0 is not restricted

This has been there since I set things up. But after doing the upgrades to Fedora 36 in addition to the above I now also have

[4.9263791 dracut - cmdline [249] Consider rd.qubes.hide_all_usb or usbcore.authorised_default=0

To stop the looping I have to unplug the keyboard and then it boots fine. The mouse etc still works.

Can anybody tell me what is happening and how I can make it so that I don’t have to unplug my keyboard to have it boot properly?

Did you also update dom0 before booting? What version of Qubes?

If you use USB permanently you could alter GRUB using one of the options suggested, that suggestion came along at some version around 4.1 as far as I remember off the top of my head - at some point I had to edit out rd.qubes,hide_all_usb myself to keep the keyboard working

Yes, I updated everything and then this problems started. I’m using 4.1.1. But I’ve got other issues now that I’m trying to solver, if not I’ll post about it.

1 Like