Might as well ask it, since I can see suggestions for options during Qubes OS install in quite a few other threads here, and it would be a good thing to have them all in one place.
What sort of automated setup options would you like to see in the Qubes OS install/initial boot?
My brainstorm list:
(in no particular order, not taking into consideration their complexity, feasibility or practicality)
- Create sys-usb with USB keyboard
- Create sys-audio (when it’s ready)
- Create sys-gui, sys-gui-vnc and/or sys-gui-gpu (when they’re ready)
- Installation of boot partition on external block device (USB stick, SD card, etc.)
- Network boot in initramfs
- Dropbear (or other method) instance to allow remote entering of LUKS password, remote wipe, and other similar functions
- Importing/installation of any certificates/keys (SSH, VPN, etc.) during install
- Creation of additional VM pools on other block devices (eg. Plug in a USB stick and Qubes OS prompts for LUKS password, and then auto loads the thin pool on it)
- Option to install qubes-remote-support packages
- More will come when I think of them
You never know, maybe your suggestion might be an awesome one and get implemented in the standard install