Qubes Onionsite Appears To Be Down

I wasn’t sure whether to put this into “Website Feedback” or “General Discussion”. Either way, I wasn’t able to see if there was already an issue opened on Github, the qubes-users mailing list, or here on the Forum.

It seems the Qubes Onionsite has been down for a couple days now. This is a little problematic for myself since I use the Onionsite to fetch updates for all my VMs. Thought I would make it known in case there wasn’t already an open issue.

Thanks

Update: This appears to be resolved

1 Like

the onion website has no relationship with getting OS or app updates over tor.

just as if the qubes-os.org website was down, that would not affect your ability to get OS or app updates.

Actually, it does - the onion repos are served from the same host as the
onion website.
If the one drops offline, so will the other.

thanks for clarifying!

one can still get OS and app updates via tor (without onionsite) in the meantime.

As of today, http://qubesosfasa4zl44o4tws22di6kepyzfeqv3tg4e3ztknltfxqrymdad.onion/doc/ appears to be down or unreachable. Is this only happening to me? I wonder what is going on, why is it not working?

Onionsite Not Found: Details: 0xF0 — The requested onion service descriptor can’t be found on the hashring and therefore the service is not reachable by the client.

1 Like

I can second that. The repositories for dom0, debian and fedora are down too.

I do not experience this issue any more. All onion repos are accessible for me now.

yup, everything seems to be fine now