Qubes grub installation failed [dual booting w/ arch] and fails to boot when fixed [/system doesn't look like OSTREE]

So heres how it went down. I installed Qubes no errors. It wasn’t on my grub so I:

mounted my Qubes partition’s root on my Arch’s /mnt, ran os-probe, and updated the grub. It found it fine, and I rebootted.

It boots into Qubes? Great. Decrypts fine. Fails to mount anything. I modify the grub fine and make it boot on /dev/ and not /dev/env. Boots and actually loads /dev.

But now it says /system/ doesn’t look like OSTREE and… I’m stumped.

Did you install Qubes OS 4.2.1?
Did you install Qubes OS on external (USB?) disk?

How did you update the grub?
Did you mount /boot and /boot/efi (if you’re using UEFI) in mounted Qubes OS root, chrooted there and then run grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg?

Did you install Qubes OS 4.2.1?

Yes

Did you install Qubes OS on external (USB?) disk?

No, NVMESSD

(if you’re using UEFI)

No, GPT

Did you mount /boot and /boot/efi (if you’re using UEFI) in mounted Qubes OS root, chrooted there and then run grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg?

Qubes didn’t come with it if you’re saying from inside qubes. I didn’t mount anything, I only mounted it to /mnt and modprobed. Thats it. Was i supposed to bind them?

I meant did you boot in UEFI or Legacy BIOS mode, not your disk partitioning scheme.
Do you have EFI System partition on your disk?

I guess you’re using legacy boot mode. Then check this guide: