Qubes don't open and Qubes OS starts having trouble after dom0 first update

I was helped a few weeks ago and told it was most likely my hardware or firmware that was the problem. I update all my hardware to have it meet the Recommended settings for Qubes OS.

When you start a Qube, does the Qube open or does it only say starting and then you need to select from the menu which item you want to open?

For example, when I start the Personal Qube. Personal Qube is starting, personal Qube has started notifications.

But there is no personal Qube that opens. If I select Firefox from it or terminal then those open, but I never get a Personal Qube opening. I’m not sure if that’s normal or not.

It seems after the firsr dom0 update that’s when Qubes starts having problems. I’ve searched other posts but it doesn’t seem the individuals run into the same issue after the dom0 update.
Thank you for your support

That’s expected behavior.
Did it work differently for you before Qubes OS update?

I actually didn’t test this at first because I wanted to make sure to apply all the updates first. Maybe I had understood that an actual “Work Qube” or “Personal Qube” was supposed to open. Thank you for helping me realize that it’s actually normal behavior

The qube start but no window appears until you run an application. It’s
how Qubes works.

I never presume to speak for the Qubes team. When I comment in the Forum I speak for myself.
1 Like