I’ve been testing the 4.1 pre-release version for quite some time and I have encountered a few bugs over the time that are usually mentioned at GitHub qubes-issues.
One thing I encountered more than once at some point is the following error when trying to update dom0:
Problem: garcon-0.6.4-4.fc32.i686 has inferior architecture
- package xfce4-settings-qubes-4.0.4-1.fc32.x86_64 requires garcon >= 0.6.2, but none of the providers can be installed
- cannot install the best update candidate for package garcon-1000:0.6.4-4.fc32.x86_64
- package xfce4-settings-qubes-4.0.4-1.fc32.x86_64 conflicts with garcon = 1000:0.6.4 provided by garcon-1000:0.6.4-4.fc32.x86_64
- problem with installed package xfce4-settings-qubes-4.0.3-2.fc32.x86_64
- cannot install the best update candidate for package xfce4-settings-qubes-4.0.3-2.fc32.x86_64
(try to add ‘–skip-broken’ to skip uninstallable packages)
I tried the suggested command but it doesn’t help. During my first try of 4.1 a few months ago this error occurred after a while but only when enabling the testing-repo but this time it did occur without enabling testing repos.
Has anybody testing 4.1 encountered the same problem?