Qube missing in the "qube domains" list

After starting a qube, opening “qube manager” showed the new qube, but pulling down the upper right “qubes domains” list did not show the new qube in the listing (despite the qube already being usable). That is until a shutdown of the qube was initiated from “qube manager” at which point it showed up in the pull down “qubes domains” list as “shutting down”.

Also, when opening the list of qubes when trying to redirect a usb device, the list did not have the new qube in the options.

This is in dom0 (not sys-gui or sys-gui-gpu)

I doubt this will be repeatable, so not reporting it as a bug on github, but it seems like it should be mentioned somewhere.

I tried today to shutdown a Qube using the Qube Domains on the top right of the screen, and to my surprise, it said that there are running VMs connected to this Qube (provides network). I launched Qube Manager and saw three Qubes / VMs running that did not show in the Qube Domains list of running VMs. I ran in Dom0 qvm-shutdown for each of the hidden Qubes and sure enough I saw the notification that “Qube is shutting down… has shut down…”. That’s it.

I believe this has something to do with having a large system load while the VM is starting up. I removed the “start at boot” property from some of my VMs and this happens to me much less now.

1 Like