Problem installing Riseup-VPN via Snap

Hello, I have encountered a problem when installing riseup-vpn via snap, in appvm in my qubes os.

I created a minimal debian-11 template and installed security enhancements from the kicksecure team into it, then I installed the packages qubes-core-agent-networking and snapd along with qubes-snapd-helper. After that I started installing riseup vpn with snap install --classic riseup-vpn and at the end I keep getting an error:

user@sys-vpn:~$ sudo snap install --classic riseup-vpn
2022-05-16T22:05:13-04:00 INFO Waiting for automatic snapd restart…
error: cannot perform the following tasks:

• Run install hook of “riseup-vpn” snap if present (run hook “install”:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/snap/riseup-vpn/179/meta/hooks/install”, line 26, in
subprocess.call([‘update-desktop-database’])
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py”, line 349, in call
with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py”, line 951, in init
self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py”, line 1823, in _execute_child
raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘update-desktop-database’
-----)

Maybe someone has encountered this? I’ve already tried installing qubes-core-agent-passwordless-root and different versions of python, but I still get the same error.

Thank you.

Are you running snap install in your template or AppVM? It should be done in the latter,

Also, you might benefit from this information:

Yes, I run snap install in my appvm.
Thanks for the instruction, but I need to get riseup-vpn installed first to do it, and I’m having some trouble with that
Thanks

I just tried sudo snap install --classic riseup-vpn in my kicksecure-snap template and I was able to install it without issues.
Try installing these packages in your template, then shut it down and restart your sys-vpn:

gnome-keyring
policykit-1
policykit-1-gnome
qubes-core-agent-networking
qubes-core-agent-passwordless-root
qubes-snapd-helper
snapd