Passthrough GPU causes system to restart

Running into troubles, like usual. Sorry everybody for all the posts I’ve been making, just learning a new OS for the first time.

So, I’m attempting to pass-through my AMD GPU in a Window Qube, but every time it starts to run, my whole system goes black, then restarts. My primary GPU is Nvidia – anybody have any advice, by chance?

Did you hide the GPU you want to passthrough from dom0?
Follow the guide:

1 Like

i did hide it, yes. and I’ve follow that, as well.

Do you see the GPU that you’re trying to hide in the list of PCI devices in dom0?

lspci

Huh. Yeah, I do. Both of the devices. I’ve rebooted after changing the grub options – what can I do to truly hide them?

For the record, I hid them, did mk-grub2, rebooted, then we land here.

lspci doesn’t tell you if the devices are hidden or not, they will be in the list even if hidden.

You need to use lspci -vv and look for the property Kernel driver in use if it says pciback then rd.qubes.hide_pci is working, and the devices are hidden from dom0

1 Like

It does say on 0c, the device, “kernel driver in use: amdgpu” and on the other, “kernel driver in use: pciback”

So one is hidden, the other isn’t…?

i tried to hide it using commas instead of duplicating the cmd but with the small changes per device, remade grub, then rebooted… now lightdm won’t start. any ideas?

so, i got it switched. i DID have the right gpu the first time, and this gpu is the one that’s the primary. the one i tried to hide. sorry everyone - making a new post now to appropriately fit this issue