No network on 4.1b and 4.1rc1

I’ve noticed my ethernet doesn’t work in the 4.1 releases so I’m a lame duck testing it. The controller is Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2400. Any idea what this error is about?

[Dom0] Error starting Qube!
Start failed: internal error: Failed to resume domain ‘7’ with libxenlight, see /var/log/libvirt/libxl/libxl-driver.log for details

2021-10-04 06:03:17.377+0000: libxl: libxl_pci.c:2017:do_pci_remove: Domain 5:xc_physdev_unmap_pirq irq=18: Invalid argument
2021-10-04 06:17:06.119+0000: libxl: libxl_pci.c:2017:do_pci_remove: Domain 8:xc_physdev_unmap_pirq irq=18: Invalid argument

Check if you have anything related in /var/log/xen/console/hypervisor.log, the “failed to resume domain” suggests something on that side.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I am back to R4.04 because I need network access so I no longer have access to that file. I recall looking at it and there were so many lines to decipher, but for future reference, I’ll check for “failed to resume domain”. thanks again

Had some time to install 4.1 again. That error message wasn’t there this time, but I think it’s because I had the ethernet cable connected. I had the ethernet cable disconnected the prior install.

However, I still don’t have ethernet connection. I also checked hypervisor.log. It was shorter and there wasn’t anything that stuck out as erroneous. Is there a way to export the entire log out of dom0? I could only export a few lines to Documents and backed up Dom0. Could it be the driver is missing?

Save the log, and then qvm-copy-to-vm

1 Like