No network connection

Didn’t worked. I will install another OS to ser if this is a hardware issue. This is my first time using this machine and my first OS here is the Qubes OS, so im not sure if this is a Qubes issue. Will try here and comeback to say.

1 Like

Its Qubes issue. I installed Debian, hardenesbsd and windows and the network worked fine in all of them. Its so bad cuz i really like Qubes and used to have it as daily-driver in another desktops. If someone havê others solutions, i would be very grateful for the help.

1 Like

You said that you checked dmesg in sys-net and that you could see your network controller, but are you sure that you didn’t see any driver-related errors?
If you can share the full log related to sys-net, it may help in finding the root problem:

sudo journalctl -b > boot.log

Also, can you check with lspci -vvv if you can see a driver associated with your network controller, and if so, which one it uses?

When i try using USB tethering my Android de vice doesnt appear in de vice manager, so i can’t share the full logs of boot.log

About lspci -vvv, here is what appeared:

This one is better, i forgot to use sudo

Can you open a terminal in the Fedora template and run the following command:

echo "blacklist r8169" | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/r8169-blacklist.conf

Then turn off the template and restart sys-net to see if it uses a different driver and if it works (check again with lspci -vvv).

Still without connection. This is what appeared when i ran lspci -vvv:

Remove the file in the template, since it’s not working:

sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/r8169-blacklist.conf

Then turn off both the template and sys-net.
Go in sys-net settings, go to “Advanced” and change the kernel to “provided by qube”. Start sys-net and see if that changes anything.

If that still doesn’t work, there’s obviously something wrong with the way the driver does things. The file (boot.log) I asked for earlier might help find the problem, are you able to get that file on an external media (USB key, internal disk…) so you can upload it here?

Sorry for the delay. I had to buy a new USB stick for that unique purpose. Changing the kernel didn’t worked.

Here is my boot.log file:
boot.log (139.4 KB)

1 Like

I have to relook at this thread

Because I am having funny issues still with the loading and not loading of my network stuff at login too still

Sometimes it loads and sometimes it doesn’t, no matter which user. It sometimes takes me rebooting twice in a row for the red network icon to show again along with the “at boot” Whonix prompt(s)

I see the following in the logs:

sys-net kernel: r8169 0000:00:06.0 ens6: No native access to PCI extended config space, falling back to CSI
sys-net kernel: r8169 0000:00:06.0 ens6: Link is Down

Can you open a dom0 terminal and run this command:

qvm-pci ls

Do you have (no-strict-reset=True) on the same line of your network controller?

If not, then turn off sys-net and run these commands:

qvm-pci detach sys-net dom0:<pci slot>
qvm-pci attach --persistent --option no-strict-reset=True sys-net dom0:<pci slot>
# Should be something like dom0:06_00.0
# Check the line of your network controller from the qvm-pci output

Then start sys-net and check if you have a network connection.

I didn’t have (no-strict-reset=True) so i followed all steps but i still don’t have internet connection. I ran qvm-pci ls again and now have the (no-strict-reset=True).

If you run the journalctl -b command again in sys-net, are you able to see the lines of my previous answer?

sudo journalctl -b | grep -Ei "No native access|Link is Down"

Yes, i see.

Turn off sys-net and let’s try with an extra option for the network controller:

# In a dom0 terminal
qvm-pci detach sys-net dom0:<pci slot>
qvm-pci attach --persistent --option permissive=True --option no-strict-reset=True sys-net dom0:<pci slot>
1 Like

I ran these commands but still no network connection. This problem is strange

Strange. Have you tried connecting manually instead of using DHCP with Network Manager?

Also, can you run this in sys-net and share the output:

ethtool -i ens6

Yes, already tried but didn’t worked too. Im about to give up of use Qubes in that Desktop. I mean, i already spended so much time and didn’t used my PC yet. Thanks for all your effort and attention to help me, really appreciate it. But i think that the best solution for me is just use Qubes in another Desktop.