Nickname to USB device

Hi all,

Hopefully I used the right labels for this question. If not, please let me know!

I often have multiple serial devices plugged in my computer, and they all get the same name in the USB dropdown menu (1a86_USB_Serial). This has confused me before (having me try flashing firmware to the wrong device, wondering how everything seems broken by then).
Therefore I was wondering, is there some way to give a nickname to any of the USB devices in the dropdown menu?

A suitable alternative for me would also be if the minor device number could be shown in the dropdown menu. This is maybe a bit less user friendly, but this gives me an easier way to distinguish among them.

I see that I can distinguish between them by paying more attention to the port that they are connected to, but somehow I keep overlooking that so that doesn’t really work for me.

Love to hear from you!

As far as I know this is not currently a feature but could be a rather nice usability improvement. I would suggest you open a feature suggestion for it: (but first check if one doesn’t already exist)

1 Like

Section “Guides” is made for ready-to-use guides, not for user support. I moved your topic accordingly.

2 Likes

I will, thanks!

Thanks for that, I’ll keep it in mind next time