New .desktop file from StandaloneVM does not open in dom0

Hey folks,

I use Qubes OS 4.1.1 and I have the following situation.
From a specific VM (StandaloneVM) I need a Nautilus shortcut but executed as root (because it is more easily to copy/delete some files on GUI and I do this regularly)

I created a .desktop file with the necessary lines to open a Nautilus in root mode.

sed 's/Exec=nautilus/Exec=sudo nautilus/' /usr/share/applications/org.gnome.Nautilus.desktop > /usr/share/applications/nautilus-root.desktop

Basically, I have the same org.gnome.Nautilus.dexktop file but the execution is done with sudo.

If I use gtk-launch nautilus-root in the VM terminal, Nautilus is opened as expected with root privileges.
The problem is in dom0, when I try to open it, it doesn’t work, like it doesn’t seem to do anything.

I checked the files in dom0 and have the same content, the only thing which is different (and should be different) is the application call which is made to the VM

[Desktop Entry] < this is for the normal Nautilus
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Terminal=false
X-Qubes-VmName=[VM_name]
X-Qubes-AppName=org.gnome.Nautilus
Icon=/home/[username]/.local/share/qubes-appmenus/[VM_name]/apps.icons/org.gnome.Nautilus.png
Name=vault: Files
Comment=Access and organize files
Categories=GNOME;GTK;Utility;Core;FileManager;X-Qubes-VM;
Exec=qvm-run -q -a --service -- [VM_name] qubes.StartApp+org.gnome.Nautilus
X-Qubes-DispvmExec=qvm-run -q -a --service --dispvm=[VM_name] -- qubes.StartApp+org.gnome.Nautilus

[Desktop Entry] < this is for the root Nautilus
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Terminal=false
X-Qubes-VmName=[VM_name]
X-Qubes-AppName=nautilus-root
Icon=/home/[username]/.local/share/qubes-appmenus/[VM_name]/apps.icons/nautilus-root.png
Name=vault: Files (Root)
Comment=Access and organize files
Categories=GNOME;GTK;Utility;Core;FileManager;X-Qubes-VM;
Exec=qvm-run -q -a --service -- [VM_name} qubes.StartApp+nautilus-root
X-Qubes-DispvmExec=qvm-run -q -a --service --dispvm=[VM_name] -- qubes.StartApp+nautilus-root

I have the same problem also with Telegram.
If I install the Telegram app using sudo apt install telegram-desktop or using flatpak or snapd, it creates a shortcut that works in dom0 but I have issues on some of the channels.
I get a message something like: “The admins of this group have restricted saving content. Please update your app to open this chat.” and I can’t see the content. I need to update the client but it is already up to date (according to the source/repository). The client says 3.1.1 but the actual version (using the binary in the official archive) is 4.8.1.
The single way to keep it updated and to be able to see the content of those channels is to use the archive from telegram.org. When I execute the binary, it creates a .desktop on /usr/share/applications, it appears in dom0 but it doesn’t work. If I use gtk-launch org.telegram…desktop in VM works, do the desktop file is good but it is not working in dom0. Checking the dom0 .desktop files, like in the previous case with Nautilus root, seem to point to the right VM files.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thank you

No one had the same issue?
All right… can anyone replicate it and let me know if the behaviour is the same? Im referring at the File app.