Network Manager Missing

Hi all
I used to run 4.1 and last night did a re install to install 4.2.
However on 4.2 I no longer have Network Manager in sys-net and have to type in wifi password every time I want to connect.
Is this normal?

hi

if you have choosed to use a disposable qube for sys-net, it’s normal the wifi password is not saved.

as for the network manager, you have to enable the service “network-manager” in sys-net settings, but it should be running by default :thinking:

ah yes I may have chosen disposable.
anyway to change it?

For network manager I dont see it listed in the apps in the settings for sys-net.

You can save the WiFi password in the disposable template like this:

You can remove disposable sys-net qube and create a non-disposable sys-net qube instead:

• Rename sys-net to sys-net-disp
  • Create a non-disposable sys-net
  • Change the sys-net-disp to sys-net everywhere in Qubes Global Config and the in the Settings for all qubes that have sys-net-disp as net qube
  • Remove sys-net-disp

I’m not sure what do you mean by not having the Network Manager. Do you not see the Network Manager applet icon in the system tray?

Thanks will try that.

I see the network manager icon where you can select WiFi network but on 4.1 I had settings for it where it let’s you see saved networks etc which is what is missing

The default templates in Qubes OS 4.1 were GNOME templates (e.g. debian-12 template).
The default templates in Qubes OS 4.2 are XFCE templates (e.g. debian-12-xfce template).
Maybe the NetworkManager looks different in XFCE templates compared to GNOME templates.