I’ve been using Qubes as my daily driver for more than 2 years now. It’s a big deal that it’s working wonderfully and solidly. It shows that a lot of work has been put into this.
There are some minor longstanding issues that I can’t seem to go away for more than a year now. I am sharing them to bring attention to them in the hope that they would be addressed.
- The power manager crashing after dimming the screen. If the screen is dimmed to black, and the power manager crashes, I can’t get the screen to turn on.
- When launched, LibreOffice in Fedora opens in the smallest surface possible - a tiny square on the top left.
- I never got open-in-vm browser.desktop to work as adverstised for websites. I need to choose the AppVM everytime I click on a hyperlink. I couldn’t set a default browser AppVM.
- Switching keyboard languages: I still don’t understand fully how that works as it seems to require different steps between Fedora, Debian and Whonix. Or is it that once I enable the layout change in Dom0, that I should restart all VMs?
- Ctrl + Shift changes right-to-left and left-to-right text in LibreOffice. So copying to the Qubes Clipboard doubles down as right-to-left or left-to-right direction change.
- Qubes does not switch on the laptop screen automatically when I unplug the monitor / external screen.
And one last thing: there’s no automatic background update This is not an error but a design decision.