Memes about Qubes OS

I surf the internet in dom0

How about making backups onto a disposable VM?

3 Likes

Goddamn this was annoying. This picture actually describes the situation perfectly.

14 Likes

[redone as a reply to Litter_Box]

I actually solved this by creating a cron job that checks if sys-usb is running. If not, it starts it. Then I set the cron job to run once a minute.

So if you whack sys-usb by mistake (easy to do if you’re shutting down lots of things in that running-qubes widget), just wait a short while, it will come back.

4 Likes

I have a confession to make. When I wrote this, I was laughing my ass off…because I actually do make my backups to a disposable VM. The only reason it’s not stupid to do so is that it does mount external (to the VM) storage to put the backups onto. The VM is evanescent, the storage is as permanent as anything in computing.

1 Like

Wanted to get this up for the holiday …

"¯_ (ツ)_/¯ "

Merry X-mas just the same!

(as a response to the sys-usb going down mem)
Happened to me only once so I didn’t bother with looking for a real solution (maybe a command in Dom0 to START sys-usb in 120 seconds, just before I stop it?) :thinking:

If I’m doing it deliberately (like, for instance, because its template is updated and it shows as needing a restart), I can just restart it…mouse and keyboard freeze for 20-30 seconds maximum.

I also have a cron job, set to run every minute, like this:

qvm--sjtart --skip-if-running sys-usb > /dev/null 2>&1

that will cause it to be restarted if it’s down. That guards against accidental shutdowns. Max wait time a minute and 10 seconds or so, and that’s IF i killed sys-usb immediately after the prior run of the cron job.

Removed Post

2 Likes

IMG_8025

tell me I’m not the only one

Edit: adjusted images

6 Likes

Hey folks, a quick reminder of our community guidelines:

Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:

• […]
  • Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
  • […]

These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the New York Times.

2 Likes

@fsflover

8 Likes

7ql6k3

my first meme ever

4 Likes
off-topic comment

An assertion of rudeness, when none exists is absurd. @gonzalo-bulnes you’ve been “rude” before.

"AMD appears to lack sufficient testing...and may harbor latent bugs" - Trail of Bits SecureDrop Workstation Review - #14 by gonzalo-bulnes
“Kind reminder that the community guidelines encourage to “[be] respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said” and to avoid ad hominen attacks.”

I’m avoiding avoiding an ad hominen attack but gonzalo your previous behavior gives you no right to be the arbiter of CoC. Although I care little the Memes thread, I have a real passion about your interference. Mr. Bulnes please consider your actions and posts in the future. Thank you!

A friend doing surrealism drawing, usually for OpenBSD, made this one after I talked a bit too much about Qubes OS and my OpenBSD related project OpenKuBSD :rofl:

14 Likes

GPT had a crack at some meme ideas. These are just basic ideas, you can refine the prompt to generate some truly magnificent ones if you want to spend the time to give feedback.

1. The Fortress of Solitude: Picture an image of Superman’s Fortress of Solitude with the caption: “My QubesOS computer: the only place where I’m truly alone.”

2. Security Overkill: A picture of a bank vault door with Qubes logo on it. The caption reads: “When you’re accused of overkill, but you’re just using QubesOS.”

3. Remembering Windows: A person sitting in front of a QubesOS computer, with a thought bubble showing a “blue screen of death” from Windows, and the caption: “Remember when this was our biggest problem?”

4. Easy to Use: Show a complex control panel of a spaceship with the QubesOS logo and the caption: "QubesOS: So easy a rocket scientist could use 9¢ with the caption: “Feeling like this every time I boot up QubesOS.”

1 Like

Ice Qube - Major Update Rap

(Verse 1)
Yeah, we’re back, it’s time to code and produce,
Turning heads with every line, our software qubes,
We stack 'em high, no bugs, no excuse,
From alpha to gold, watch the code that we fuse.

We started from scratch, now watch us amuse,
With every algorithm, we’re bound to enthuse,
Faster, smoother, can’t help but enthuse,
This software’s the future, no way we’ll lose.

(Chorus)
Four dot two update, our qubes on the rise,
Upgrade your code, reach for the skies,
We’re the ones redefining software’s embrace,
Qubing it up, we’re setting the pace.

(Verse 2)
We hear your feedback, it’s the coder’s muse,
Improving the experience, no option to snooze,
User interface, now it’s sleek, no abuse,
We’re the architects, watch how we use.

New features drop, we’ve got nothing to lose,
Pioneers in the field, no way we’ll refuse,
Automation, AI, it’s a win-win cruise,
Four dot two update, we’re shedding old views.

(Chorus)
Four dot two version, our qubes on the rise,

(Verse 3)
Security locked tight, we’re the digital sleuths,
Guarding your data, like warriors with no truce,
We fend off hackers, we’ve got the right tools,
Four dot two update, we’re the guardians of use.

Compatibility’s key, no platform misuse,
Cross-platform magic, in every produce,
From Windows to Linux, no matter the shoes,
Four dot two update, we’re chasing no ruse.

(Chorus)
Four dot two version, our qubes on the rise,

(Outro)
So when that update pops on your screen, don’t snooze,
Our qubes of innovation, you can’t refuse,
Four dot two version, we’re the ones to choose,
Elevating your software, no more to confuse.

6 Likes

Pretty nice! That deserves it’s own thread. It’s not everyday someone makes a Qubes rap!

Update: it’s now in it’s own thread Ice Qube - Major Update Rap