Manjaro template

Does anyone made a Manjaro template, this will help many normal genral users like me, manjaro is turning a good alternative to ubuntu.

Bumping this thread so @unman can reply.

Thanks @deeplow
Since it’s based on Arch, this wont be difficult.
BUT, it might help if you could say what it is about Manjaro you find
good - the reason is that many of those features will be lost when you
start to use the template in Qubes.(I mean the Menu, themes,
accessibility, etc.)
If it’s to access particular software or versions, that’s a different
matter.

2 Likes

Thanks

About Arch: for “normal” users

The advantages are for me as normal user , really only user with sense of privacy.

based on Arch Ok , but I’ve tried to set my template , really a challenge as normal user,

I did need to get the hints from 3 web-sides to be able to setup the template.

There is not definitive howto do the template.

– about Manjaro I find good -

the simplicity to use, it’s more efficient and simple than Ubuntu’s ,

today for ubuntu you need to be registered to get some software, from snap - (Canonical)

and not all apps are working really, the privacy of linux was broken with SNAP . I worked with ubuntu since Ubuntu 6.10 till 18.04-

after I Jumped to Qubes 3.1 and Manjaro , because Qubes was not working with any SW.

TODAY QUBES 4.04… 4.1 …

is really at the point that we can spread it out to the generality, this will improve the develop of the really nice Q.

today in Switzerland and any where the privacy and security becomes more and more the target of any person and enterprise.

For me one way is ok Ubuntu, BUT today the second or really first way is Manjaro, day by day I’m advising friends, colleges , companies to

install and work with manjaro; once it’s installed, it’s really maintenance free for the most of normal users. practically the most of this are working fine.

That’s according to my experiences since 3 years. The repositories of Arch are available and you find really everything that one average small and meddle company

and private needs. Even a jr administrator is able to install any new need application. the howto do’s are really good done.

the reason is that many of those features will be lost when you start to use the template in Qubes.(I mean the Menu, themes,
accessibility, etc.)

This I didn’t knew but anyway the user needs to install the need applications if the surface will be like fedora or debian the taks will be done.

If it’s to access particular software or versions, that’s a different
matter.

No this is not the reason, particular software, the user shall be able to install it in any OS , Qubes offers enough possibilities already ,

Best regards

Alfonsius

what a pain i am really addict to pamac and aur and all other things mangaro provide like the gui to install and manage kernels

there is really no way to install manjaro as a template

a simply boot on the iso fail how to fix this ?

As stated above by @unman, you’ll loose all the feature you probably want from Manjaro and all you’re left with is the archlinux, on which arch is based. And there is a template for that one:

After installing that template you probably can install pamac and enable the AUR.

I have a manjaro template that uses unstable, but I’m not sure I see the
point in it. The software is somewhat behind Arch, it’s rather different
in Qubes to use qube based kernels, and most of the GUI features are
gone, because.
But if you are desperate I will dust it off, update and post.

1 Like

Great work many thanks