Makes Kill Switch on VPN Qube

I have make VPN Qube for downloading some entertainment video. I call this VPN Qube sys-bellathorne.

All my files go in and out of sys-bellathorne . After connect to sys-bellathorne then if VPN connection breakage from server errorings then I am connecting directly to my families router.

This is bad because my country may not like my entertainment video because of content. How to I create kill switch? sys-bellathorne use openvpn

Watching this thread. Also curious the options. I looked into it couldn’t figure it out. My sys-VPNs qubes always disconnect for no reason which in certain cases could be dangerous.

1 Like

You could use the firewall to make sure your VPN qube can only connect to the VPN server(s). It will still let DNS queries through though. You can probably stop that too but you need to make yourself familiar with iptables rules. I am not qualified to give you a step-by-step.

Look here:

You could use the firewall to make sure your VPN qube can only connect to the VPN server(s). It will still let DNS queries through though. You can probably stop that too but you need to make yourself familiar with iptables rules. I am not qualified to give you a step-by-step.

Look here:

Contents/docs/configuration/vpn.md at master · Qubes-Community/Contents · GitHub

OP doesn’t say how they created the VPN qube.
If OP followed the instructions in the docs for creating a VPN netvm,
that will fail closed by design.

i thought i follow instructions corect.

I would like to say, that I believe “fail close” is marketed as a “kill switch”, and many non-technical users may be unaware of this as I too was, and for months couldn’t figure out how to make my qubes vpn from stop disconnecting.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. If I’m not wrong, hope this message helps others who may have this confusion.