- Disabled secure boot
- Switched to discrete graphics in bios (Likely not required but did so for better display performance)
- Nvidia RTX A1000 works with nouveau expect brightness controls (Look below for details)
- Installed using latest kernel option
- WiFi and audio works out of the box
- Have not tested microphone, webcam, and suspend
With the discrete GPU option in BIOS and Nvidia RTX A1000, brightness controls do not work. It does boot with full brightness so it’s not a big issue. I suspect this may be a nouveau driver issue.
You could use the integrated intel graphics however you would lose HDMI output since it’s wired to the discrete GPU if you have one.
--- layout: 'hcl' type: 'notebook' hvm: 'yes' iommu: 'yes' slat: 'yes' tpm: 'unknown' remap: 'yes' brand: | LENOVO model: | 21FACTO1WW bios: | N3TET16W (1.03 ) cpu: | 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13980HX cpu-short: | FIXME chipset: | Intel Corporation Device [8086:a702] (rev 01) chipset-short: | FIXME gpu: | NVIDIA Corporation Device [10de:25bc] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]) gpu-short: | FIXME network: | Intel Corporation Device 7a70 (rev 11) memory: | 196368 scsi: | usb: | 3 versions: - works: 'FIXME:yes|no|partial' qubes: | R4.1 xen: | 4.14.5 kernel: | 6.1.12-1 remark: | FIXME credit: | FIXAUTHOR link: | FIXLINK ---