This machine has been my daily driver for a couple weeks. It generally works well, with a few specific flaws:
- The WI-Fi card is not recognized out-of-the-box—at least at time of writing—to use it, you’ll need to customize your NetVM with a specific kernel version and a blob from a specific linux-firmware version. If you do that, it should work well, except that:
- If you suspend the machine, on resume you will probably need to restart your NetVM before the Wi-Fi card will be recognized again.
- Also, **resuming from suspend is itself unreliable. **I think the pattern is that you can suspend and resume twice, but it won’t come back from a third suspend and you’ll need to reboot (but I’m not sure).
Things I tested that work perfectly:
- Built-in keyboard/trackpad
- Networking (Ethernet) (although the port is one of those collapsing ones that takes some finesse to use)
- Audio playback (with built-in speakers or 3.5mm headphones)
- Keyboard backlight
I couldn’t get Bluetooth or the fingerprint reader working (but I didn’t try nearly as hard as I did with the Wi-Fi).
--- layout: 'hcl' type: 'notebook' hvm: 'yes' iommu: 'yes' slat: 'yes' tpm: 'unknown' remap: 'yes' brand: | LENOVO model: | 21A2 bios: | GQCN30WW(V1.16) cpu: | AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics cpu-short: | FIXME chipset: | Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir Root Complex [1022:1630] chipset-short: | FIXME gpu: | Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Lucienne [1002:164c] (rev c2) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]) gpu-short: | FIXME network: | Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15) Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device b852 memory: | 14158 scsi: | usb: | 2 versions: - works: partial qubes: | R4.1 xen: | 4.14.5 kernel: | 6.1.12-1 remark: | Specific kernel/firmware needed for Wi-Fi, sys-net needs reboot after resume, resume sometimes fails, [read more](https://forum.qubes-os.org/t/lenovo-thinkbook-14-g3-acl-lenovo-21a2/17952) credit: | oftheforest link: | https://forum.qubes-os.org/t/lenovo-thinkbook-14-g3-acl-lenovo-21a2/17952 ---