Lenovo Black Screen & Reboot

Hello everyone!
I’m facing a problem when installing Qubes OS on my laptop (Lenovo Legion R9000P).
AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX
Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060
16GB Memory

I’m trying to install Qubes release 4.2.0. Everything is going as normal. The system installs without problems. After configuration in the second step, the computer reboots and I get to the GRUB menu, after selecting the boot option, I enter the disk password and the computer reboots again. It’s cyclical…

I don’t see any system logs on the screen, tell me how can I fix this problem?
Thank you!

There are multiple reports of problems with the Ryzen 79xx CPU, it seems XEN doesn’t support it :confused:

I’m very sorry to hear this. Is there anything I can try to do?

I was successfully able to install Qubes OS.
The flag qubes.skip_autostart set in grab helped me. (Hardware reset during installation and boot of R4.2 on Ryzen 9 7950X · Issue #8322 · QubesOS/qubes-issues · GitHub)

I would like to connect an additional monitor, xrandr only sees the main one (laptop monitor). If I switch to a discrete graphics card, the startup process freezes after entering the drive password… Are there any ways to connect a second monitor?

1 Like

That’s good news!

For the external screen, you could try to use a usb-c dock port and connect the display to it, it may not be wired to the discrete card internally.

Unfortunately, USB-C and HDMI do not work.
I think it has something to do with the driver. I’m trying to install the NVIDIA driver but in the “make…” side step I get an error:
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

I saw that you wrote instructions, can you tell me what I’m doing wrong?)