Lack of Lang indication in locked screen

Just wanted to point out that lock screen has no indication of what Language input the keyboard is set, so people who use two or more languages get multiple (frustrating) “Authentication failed!” messages and have to blindly change language inputs until they get the right one.
I’m not sure how to bring this to the attention of the Dev team but maybe one of the good people here can help.
cheers.

1 Like

Hi @redmind. On github is the easiest way to reach out to the developers. An appropriate place to post would be in this discussion, I think:

In particular, you should address it to @ninavizz, who is in charge of the user experience of Qubes.

2 Likes

I did just that. many thanks.

I did just that. many thanks.

1 Like

In case you don’t have too many languages, you can also use Left Win button for one language and Right Menu button for the second. In this way you don’t really need an indication as you always know to which language you switched.

1 Like

I thought yours was a wonderful idea!
But after a few hours of internet-searching I couldn’t find a way to assign a specific key combination to each language.

There were pre-defined presets such as: Super+Ctrl-L / Menu+Ctrl-R, but I found it hard to work with.

I really wanted to set Ctrl-L+Shift-L / Ctrl-R+Shift-R but couldn’t find a way to do it.

At first I assumed that there will be a simple way to assign each language its own key combination, sort of saying “go there” kind of thing, but you know what they say about assumptions…

Thanks anyways. I appreciate your time.