KDE fail to load providers.xml file

I previously installed KDE with

sudo qubes-dom0-update kde-settings-qubes 

However, when I try to load new themes/widgets, I get an error: “Loading of providers from file: https://autoconfig.kde.org/ocs/providers.xml failed”, even though the file is available online. I also searched the web for a solution and found this: How to fix KDE Discover loading of providers failed error however I don’t see any *.knsrc files under etc/xdg/

I also don’t quite get how to run Discover from the command line, I tried with “plasma-discover”, but it doesn’t find that command.

You have installed KDE in dom0 which is not network connected.
You cannot use those tools.

You can download an archive in a qube, transfer it in to dom0 .
This is covered in the doc
Move the files in to /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/

Thank you for pointing on this.

I do exactly as it says, but I get a permission error for some reason. Despite reading following topics:

I do it like so:

sudo qvm-run --pass-io personal 'cat /home/user/Downloads/Sweet.tar.xz' > /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/sweet.tar.xz

and I get:

bash: /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/sweet.tar.xz: Permission denied

What am I doing wrong here, please?

I believe only the qvm-run --pass-io personal 'cat /home/user/Downloads/Sweet.tar.xz' is running as root, while the > /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/sweet.tar.xz part is running as user (and not as root).

I think you can test my assumption by:

sudo qvm-run --pass-io personal 'cat /home/user/Downloads/Sweet.tar.xz' > /tmp/sweet.tar.xz
ls -al /tmp/sweet.tar.xz

I googled for “write output to file as root” and found:

Can any of those suggestions solve your issue?

You are quite right. Redirects will not work (simply) with sudo.

Yes, thank you very much.

I did it, extracted the file (tar.xz), triple-checked it, but the theme doesn’t appear in the System Settings of KDE. I also tried to look for “install from a file” as many suggest in other places, but I can’t find that options. Am I suppose to do something more in order for it to appear?