Kali template: how to setup users and groups to use Wireshark

Unman, I have another question.
In the kali linux template you built. I want to use/run wireshark to monitor my network while on the internet and I see in the terminal it is logging as (localhost@kail). I need to make a user in kali and then add them to a group so I can use wireshark but I believe I need "root"to do this. Does this kali template allow me to make user and group so I can use wireshark?

Do I have to change the shell to do this…
chsh -s /bin/bash ??

I tried to use wireshark but I couldn’t do anything… Monitor network,eth0…etc

I believe that someone trying to solve the same issue would likely search for “Wireshark”, “users”, “groups”. With that in mind, it might be worth asking this new question as a separate topic, possibly in the User Support category (which allows you to mark questions as Resolved :sparkles:).

Maybe “How can I setup users and groups to use Wireshark in Kali template?” would be a good title, what do you think @B_ryr ?

If you want to move your post to a new topic, you don’t necessarily have to rewrite it, @deeplow can help!

Sounds good to me, let’s move it.
So it can be in it’s own place

I’ve moved it to a new thread. However, unless there’s something I’m missing, I think this is more of a general linux question, rather than a Qubes one. So I would recommend you to search for a solution elsewhere.

1 Like

Thanks deeplow,
No I know how to just confused cause it states “localhost@kali”. So I’ll play around with it and figure it out…

Unmann big THANK YOU, for the new version of kali…
Time to get @ it!!!

1 Like

Unman, if I may ask a question?

I want to update the Arch template you built and I have run into a problem…(pulseaudio). I get the error pulseaudio upgrade will break qubes pulseaudio version, ok I get this. So I run in terminal…
sudo pacman -Syu —ignoregroup=pulseaudio
So I can skip it and upgrade the Arch template but it’s not working. Is there more to that command I have to enter to block the pulseaudio uograde and continue with the rest of Arch upgrade??

NVM, there are 2 ways to do this.
I was missing a "statement " in my command.