Issue with VPN Connections on Network Manager

Hello,

I use QubesOS 4.1 and Fedora 38 template

It’s been several weeks since my vpn stopped working via the network manager. I had no problems before with my sys-VPN but now I don’t know what to do. It’s not convenient to start a vpn in each Qubes individually buy terminal.

I’ve just done a full installation today on another computer and I’ve got the same problem.
VPN connections on network manager doesn’t work

Do you have any ideas how I can fix this?
Are there other people affected by this problem?

Thank you

What changed from the moment it was working? Make you changed template, e.g. from fedora-37 to fedora-38?

I can’t remember exactly what I could changed at those time.
I just installed again Fedora 37 template and try NetworkManager and sys-VPN with this template and its not working like with the Fedora 38 one. It seem issue is not connect to template.

Remember to create backups before making significant changes to your system, and proceed with caution. If the issue persists, providing more specific error messages or details about your VPN setup could help in further troubleshooting.

Thank you !

I forgot to told than i fixed the issue with the help of @solene .
After all the information I shared with her she advice me to simply contacted my VPN provider.
I had quick answer from them. They are using a different name and password for those kind of configuration it’s why i couldn’t succeed when I tried my normal ID and password !

Everything is fine now and I am happy to use often QubesOS on my @novacustom laptop

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue with your VPN provider. It’s always a good idea to reach out to your service providers for help when you run into configuration or authentication issues. But in the future maybe you should consider buy proxies from other locations for yourself, they will help a lot too. Enjoy using QubesOS on your laptop! If you have any questions or need help in the future, feel free to get in touch. Happy computing!

1 Like